Party Quirks rock it on Radio 1 FM 91

Tuesday, April 14, 2009


So, if you thought we were just gonna lay back and rest after a great show, well.....THINK AGAIN!! The Party Quirks are a;ways afoot! We were called in by the one and only Radio 1 (FM 91) for an interview today. Our loyalty to our fans dragged us to the station and we had a great time.
Funny thing was, fro some strange reason I had totally spaced and thought the show was on Wednesday when it was actually on tuesday, which is today. When Jawad came to pick me up for the interview in the evening, I had no idea what he was on about. Thats when he revealed upon me and I sat there shocked since I felt extremely unprepared. But, we decided to just "improv" it and have fun.
DJ Omaina came to our rescue with an amicable personality and ease of manner and led us right into the show. We talked about our history, our current activities, our training and our experiences in general. She even pulled a fast one and zapped us with a game of Scenes from a Handi. But as our listeners would agree, we came out victorious.

I wish there would have been less advertisements tho, but I guess that is the peril of airing at prime time! Still, our thanks to Omaina for putting up with our antics through the show and during the xtra long ad breaks! ;-)

It was a great experience and I will keep you updated on all our future TV and radio appearences.

2 comments:

Jedi Jalebi said...

Yea, the RJ was cool. She is now a member on our Facebook group! Yaaayyyy!!!! We certainly had a good time doing it and hope the listeners enjoyed it too. (BTW, we missed you there taasha and fahdi)

Wehshee said...

aww... thats sweet. I'm just glad you guys had a good time on the show. What i'm really lookin forward to is the recording so that I can check out the "scenes from a "rj's mind"".

Ovais, buddy thats the sarhad food festival that's got you snoozing in on valuable air time :)